8.27.2009

New residents (arachnophobe warning!)

We have a couple of new residents on our property. They are orb-weaving spiders. It's been fun to watch as they feed... we catch moths and grasshoppers and toss them in the web. It's amazing how quickly they react, and how fast the "prey" is wrapped up. I've tried to get pictures but they don't turn out that great. I got a semi-decent shot of the smaller of the two. The other is about two to three times larger. The second pic is one I found on the internet that looks like our "pet".


3 comments:

Courtney said...

Woah, it looks a ton bigger! You must be feeding it well. Just so she doesn't get chilly and decide to make her way inside. *shudder*

Steph T said...

I agree with Courtney!!

Dawn said...

THAT IS DISGUSTING!!! I dislike spiders with a passion that is hard to put in words. Yuck.