4.11.2006

First Post... and Can't Kids Just Be Kids??

Well, this is my first official post. Since I just had a frustrating experience at Walmart I guess I'll talk about that!

I went to Walmart to buy some nice white dress shoes or dressy sandles for my 2yr old DD. Didn't get any... can you guess why? No, it wasn't because they didn't have any in her size. It was because they all had heels!!!! I think I was 12 before I wore heels! She's only TWO!!! Heaven forbid we just let our kids be kids!! I didn't know if I should be mad and yell or if I should be sad and cry about this! It just makes my insides clench up. I can't even talk myself down at this point because I'm so upset.

Anyone else have an opinion about this?? Am I being too sensitive, or is this a real issue?

Well, that's all for now.

~kjl

2 comments:

Steph T said...

I totally agree with you...it is frustrating that the stores are carrying shoes with heels and that it is so hard to find shoes without heels! And it's true at lots of stores, not just at Walmart!! I think it ranks right up there with skirts that are too short...

=)
Steph

Anonymous said...

Kristin, you aren't alone. There are many issues out there that we are facing as a society that aren't allowing children to be innocent and carefree. Heels may not seem like much to some, but it is a clear indication of the pressure to look a certain way and be "world wise" far too soon. Try Romans 13:14 on instead. Let's not even mention foot problems that arise when growing little feet are forced to be in unnatural positions too soon!