5.15.2006

The UPS and DOWNS of kids...

Well, actually the DOWN came first... late last week Levi fell down the stairs. I was fixing one baby gate to keep him from eating the dog food (yeah, I know, gross!) and I failed to latch the gate at the top of the stairs. He is usually so clingy to me so I didn't really think he would head for the stairs if I was right there... obviously I was wrong!! Also, the fact the my 6-1/2 year old, Chase, was standing right there made gave me a sense of security.

Lesson learned... a quick trip to the chiro fixed him up, and other than a couple of scrapes and bruises on his face he was non the worse for the wear. He actually looked quite cute with his little bumps, and I'm sure it won't be the last! He is an adventurous one!

Then, the UPS... Victory has discovered that she can climb the front of the dresser (with the drawers CLOSED) and get up on the changing table. I'll need to rethink what I store on the shelf that is on the wall directly above the table!

Earlier today I was standing near the dresser and had to make a quick phone call to the post office. When I got off the phone I started talking to VJ who was sitting right in front of me on the changing table. All of a sudden it occurred to me that I didn't put her there!! I put her down, and she quickly showed me how she had gotten there.

Tonight, about an hour after she was put to bed, I tried to make a phone call from the basement. We have a phone that has two headsets for one system... you can't be on both of the phones at the same time. When I tried to dial it said it was connecting and then informed me the line was unavailable. I realized that I had left the other phone in VJ's room... OOPS! So, I knew she had been playing with it and it was on.

When I got to her door to go in and get the phone I could SMELL the Johnson's Infant Vapo-rub. She had obviously included a trip up the dresser in her pre-sleep adventure! So, the entire bedroom smells like Vick's, and there she is, sound asleep in her bed, with Vapo-rub on the front of her jammies.

I am certain that this will not be the last of my UPS and DOWNS with my four angels :) I'm just so thankful that God has seen fit to bless me with four little hoodlums to keep my life from being too dull :P

That's all for tonight... I'd better get some sleep so I can take whatever tomorrow has to offer!

~kjl

2 comments:

Kristin said...

And, here's an after thought... am I getting old?? I got a hanging plant for Mothers' Day and figured that might be one of the first signs that I'm just not as young as I used to be! And just after my oldest turned EIGHT!!! LOL

~kjl

Sal and Steph Gonzalez said...

Yes, we are getting old. I look at people and think oh, they must be in their mid to late 30's and think that is so much older then me. It usually turns out that they are the same age as me and not as old as I had thought. I will be the BIG 30 May 31st. Wow where does time go.

Love, me