10.03.2007

Lessons In Life

Why is it that our children are so great at teaching us some of the hard to handle truths about life?

After we went to Sam's Club and picked the boys up from AWANA tonight Tim and I brought in our purchases and Chase was supposed to be keeping Victory and Levi out of the entry. He got in trouble for taking it upon himself to *barely even spank* Victory. When I scolded him for trying to be the parent, he got upset and when I came back in the house with another load, Victory was outside and Levi was just on his way out the door. Apparently, he left his post to pout about the scolding.

After swatting his behind I told him, "When you get mad or upset it is not okay to just walk away from your responsibilities. You just need to suck it up and deal with it!"

Wow... that hurts! Especially when you realize that you are not a great example of what you're trying to teach. How many times have I gotten upset and said, "I'm going outside! I can't deal with this right now!" Of course, when I do that I'm probably saving the life of one of my children... LOL

So, I guess that was my big lesson for today.

No comments: