10.26.2009

This is funny... laugh!

Apparently there was an armed robbery and a man-hunt (helicopter search and all!) in my teeny-tiny hometown. When friends posted the news on Facebook I called my mom and let her know. I told her that I realized Dad was retired, but I didn't know he was that bored! She told me to let her know if the 'copter headed north (which is the direction of their house). When I posted that conversation on FB, no one responded...

So, okay, maybe everyone is a little stressed with the whole "man-hunt-helicoper-flying-over-our-houses" thing. But humor should lighten the mood, right? (Come on... please tell me you are at least chuckling a little to yourself at the thought of my dad, the retired Baptist pastor, robbing a gas station and hiding out in peoples yards?)

Like I said, I get that stress could make you overlook the obvious humor in my statement about my dad. But, once the hunt was over, I added this comment: "So I can call my dad and tell him he's in the clear? :P" And still no LOL's.

Is it my delivery?? Seriously, I really do hope you're laughing a little. This is funny!

And just in case that didn't make you laugh, maybe this will...

(Dad being himself at Levi's birthday party. I love this guy!)

5 comments:

Angela C. said...

That is pretty funny. If I could figure out how to read people's updates in my home page on Facebook (The new one skips some peoples updates and I don't have time to check everyone's pages. I dunno why it choses to show the ones it does I don't care about some stranger posting a comment on a (distant) friends wall)
By the way... LOVE the banner on top of your blog.

Gen said...

i thought it was funny. lol.

Courtney said...

I never saw that come up on my FB feed. Grr.. I changed my settings and it's still not "normal". Oh well..

I LOVE your new header!!!

Heather said...

I thought it was funny (didn't get to see your later posts tho).

Love ya!

AlyssaJoy said...

I would have given you at least a "like" for that, but I missed it. Too funny!!! I just now got the news that there was a man hunt with a copter and everything in Pillager. Crazy!!