6.29.2006

Diapers

Okay, Steph G, once again you've asked for pics, and here they are :)

The first diaper is one I just did the other day... it's a one-size, and is VERY soft and comfy!! For those who are wondering, a one-size diaper will fit baby's from 11lb to 35lb. This diaper fits on Levi (almost 11 mo, 17lb.) and also on Victory (2-1/2, 27lb.). I have enough of the hotwheels fabric left to make another one of these, so I think I might :) I really like the way it turned out! Next one I think I'll get that RED hook and loop from you Steph T! Tim thought that would have been really cute on this diaper :)

The last pic is of one of my first attempts at diaper-making. It is a pocket diaper. The design of this diaper was the result of lots of sewing and testing and changing patterns. I can not take credit for all of this work -- that goes to my friend Steph T. She has links to more information about cloth diapering on her blog. Another great source of information is Diaper Decisions.

I've had a lot of fun with cloth diapering, and I'm really excited about making even more diapers :) I've got fabric for at least three more one-size diapers, and can't wait for the next big sale at JoAnne's so I can get more fabric! LOL

Steph T. makes and sells diapers if anyone is interested :) I'm also willing to make a diaper or two for any friend or family member that would like to try out cloth diapering (I'm not willing to step out there and sew for strangers quite yet!!).

At the risk of embarassing her, I need to give Steph T. big public THANK YOU for all the help with my diapers. She has invested a lot of her time and energy in this for me. I am so grateful for her help -- and for the fact that she doesn't laugh at me (or give up on me!) when I just don't get it!! LOL So...
THANKS Steph!

Hotwheels One-size


Fitted Pocket Diaper

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sal and Steph Gonzalez said...

I love the hot wheels. It is so cute. OK, I might just have to give in and try these homemade diapers. I have hesitated with Steph's because of the laundry part of it. Maybe though this will help me keep up with my laundry. That is why I would only be able to try. My little Jaden could be the diaper model baby.. hehehe... Wouldn't that be fun. A miracle wearing a homemade wonder. Of course as you said to me before, they are all miracles. This one just went one step forward to showing God's wonders.

Sal and Steph Gonzalez said...

Hey check out my blog.