8.06.2010

Swedish Weaving: Take Two

Six weeks ago I posted this about the blanket I made for Jericho.  I am happy to report that she is finally beginning to like the blanket and will actually pick it up on her own as she moves from room to room. ")

Tonight I finished my second blanket.  This one is for my niece, Summer, who was born July 1st (also Tim's birthday!) to my brother Kevin and his wife Casey.  I really like how this one turned out too.  I made a few modifications to the pattern.  Again, as with the last one, the binding was a complete pain!  I sure wish there was an easier method for sewing that stuff on.  (Maybe it's just my lack of experience, but to be honest, I'd rather not have too much experience... LOL)  If you have a blanket that needs some binding... don't call me!  ") 

I love the bright colors of this blanket, and I'm hoping Summer likes it too. ")  I'm pretty sure my brother doesn't check my blog all that often, so I think I'm safe posting this tonight... it'll still be a surprise to them when we see them tomorrow afternoon!

I wish the pictures would do the blanket justice!


Tomorrow we leave for a mini-vacation with my parents, and Kevin & Casey and their family.  I always find it a little funny that our family outnumbers the rest of them... there are 6 total, and we've got 8. LOL  I'm sure we'll have a great time.  And maybe when we get back from THIS little vacation, I'll finally get around to posting about our LAST vacation.  (It was only 6 months ago... LOL)

I hope you enjoy your weekend as well!  Now I'd better run off to bed... I've got to get up early tomorrow and get everything packed so we can get on the road!

2 comments:

Steph T said...

It looks beautiful!! I like the binding you picked out. Glad you got it done...sounded like your evening was quite hectic. :)

Dawn said...

That is AMAZING! Really beautiful, Kristin. Nice to see you for a few minutes today. Sorry it was so short!