12.31.2013

Sick kids and more

Last night I was up most of the night with a puking child.  Today we have another.  Sadly, I had thought we were in the clear after having three kids get sick overnight Friday night into Saturday morning.  It was not to be so.  Tim and I, thankfully, have been okay so far.  Levi, Alex, and Phoenix haven't yet succumbed.  Shiloh (last night's victim) has been the worst so far.  TJ has thrown up a few times today, but otherwise seems completely fine.  It's very strange...  It also occurred to me that it's really a blessing that he is sick in the daytime hours as this could be much worse in the middle of the night with bedding to deal with and a toddler who can't be left in bed with a bucket "just in case".

Later today I have my 6 week postpartum visit with the doctor.  I am NOT looking forward to heading out in the cold!  What I wouldn't give for a repeat of the temps we had Friday and Saturday!  If that could repeat all winter I'd be quite content. ;)  Thankfully, our house has been staying warm enough (even without the customary plastic on the windows), and I don't have too many places I need to be.  Staying indoors is just fine with me!

Speaking of staying indoors... Sometimes the house begins to feel even tinier when we are ALL stuck inside for days on end.  Thanks to the most popular Christmas gifts (KEVA planks, and Lincoln Logs) it hasn't been quite as bad the last few days.




(Posting these pictures reminds me I need to try to figure out some settings that will allow you to click on the pics to see a larger version... if anyone has any ideas let me know!  I'm posting the pics from my phone, but then editing on the computer.)

2 comments:

Karri said...

Pukies are NOT fun. We've had 2/5 puke. Crossing my fingers and hoping it goes no further. Hope the same for you!

Unknown said...

Lincoln Logs rock! Hope your kids feel better soon and no one else gets it. I am getting stir crazy staying in but agree, to cold to want to be out.