4.14.2009

Scent of Spring

I love Spring. Fall is my favorite season, but Spring has it's own merits. Yesterday I was able to open a couple windows in the house. Later, after the windows had been closed, I came upstairs and stopped to take a deep breath. The scent of spring was in the air! It was glorious! Today I am working on washing all the bedding and I will definitely be hanging things on the line to freshen them up. There are few things better than the smell of sheets that have hung on the line, soaking up the breeze and the sun. There is something so comforting about that smell.

The sounds and sights of Spring are great as well. Hearing the birds singing as they come back to our yard after the cold winter. Seeing the cardinals in the bushes next to our house. The trees are beginning to "fluff" as they bud, waking from the dead of winter.

(Notice the male cardinal sitting in the center of the bushes.)

Thank you God for your wonderful, majestic creation!

1 comment:

Steph T said...

Nice picture! Did you know that the cardinal is Virgina's state bird??? Always makes me think of home!