11.19.2010

Birthdays, Babies, and (gall) Bladders

I am so grateful my birthday was a relaxing and enjoyable day with a couple unexpected surprises!  My parents came down and took the family out to eat for my birthday.  Tim had worked enough hours that he was able to be home for the entire afternoon.  I got a text from the gal that cuts my hair letting me know if I booked something before January I'd get a nice discount.  As a result of that text I was able to get my hair done (paid for with money I'd just received for my birthday) and I'm pleased with the results. ")  Tim and I ended the evening by watching "Where the Wild Things Are" after which I read the book to Tim since he'd never read it before. ")

I guess there isn't a whole lot to update about the baby.  He's still in there.  We're all still waiting for him to be out here.  The kids are getting more anxious.  Levi says, "It's taking for.ever!"  Victory is looking forward to being able to hug me good again (tough to get the arms around me these days! LOL).

As for the gall bladder... earlier this week I had another attack.  It was the worst yet.  Until last night.  Last night I went to bed but was up after not too long to spend some quality face-to-face time with "john".  Took a shower and headed back to bed even though I still didn't feel very good.  About an hour later I woke up and climbed out of bed to use the bathroom.  I didn't get further than the edge of the bed.  I was in so much pain I couldn't even stand up straight.  I woke Tim to let him know I needed to go to the ER.

When we walked in to the ER the receptionist said, "Looks like we're having a baby!"  Um, no.  I wish!  That pain I can handle! (And even if I was in labor, I would be having the baby, not her... duh.)

After about 2 hours in the hospital (being pregnant gives you an instant pass out of the ER up to L&D) it was determined that my major problem was "significant dehydration".  Guess I need to be more careful about my fluid consumption!

Back to birthdays... I'm hoping to be able to announce another birthday quite soon!! ")  If you haven't already done so, check out my previous post or click the link on my sidebar and enter your guess for when baby will arrive!

No comments: