5.04.2009

Project complete

We finished one project over the weekend, despite the fact that I got sick. The toddler bed got two coats of primer and two coats of paint, and still didn't cost anything! The paint was left over from the girls room (the bed is the color of the trim, and the screw *caps* are the darker color of the walls), and the roller, primer, and brushes were all things we had on hand. I also made the sheet and matching pillow case from some favorite fabric I had on hand.

When I brought the mattress up and put it on the bed, the first thing Shi did was tuck in one of her "babies". Guess that's the stamp of approval. :) My mom and dad came for a visit on Saturday and brought my old daybed for Victory. The only problem is, the hardware was left behind! So, until their next visit (this coming weekend for S and J's dedication, Mothers' Day, and A's birthday) the bed remains propped against the wall.

Most likely we'll get the boys old bed taken down and get the girls old bunks moved into the boys room sometime this week. Victory will just have to sleep on a mattress on the floor until we get that hardware. :) I don't think she'll mind too much.

Well, off to get kids in bed. We'll see how Shi's first night in her new bed works out! (I'll let you know.)

5 comments:

Steph and Mitch T said...

Great job on the sheets, too, you forgot to mention those!! ;)

Anonymous said...

that bed is so cute...and love the sheets...you are talented!
chelie

Kristin said...

Ah, Steph, you've been caught skimming! LOL The last sentence in the first paragraph mentions the sheets :) Thanks, both of you! I LOVE the sheet. It's so soft... wish I had one just like it. :)

AllyJoy said...

It looks great Kristin! I love the sheet and the wood working and paint job turned out so nice.

Heather said...

It's adorable.

Love the fact that you made the sheets!