snuggling with daddy
Sunday morning started out slow.  I didn't wake up until 9:45 a.m., and at that point only Levi and Victory were awake for the day.  I showered, and dressed, and by that time everyone else was up... but no where near ready to head to church!  Victory and I went alone.  It was nice!  I think she actually paid attention to the sermon. ;)

We came home and I fixed lunch.  Tim and I discussed the rest of the day and decided we would run some errands.  Phoenix went down for his nap just as we were leaving.  When we returned home about 3 1/2 hours later, he was still sleeping.  I thought it was odd since he's been taking very short naps lately (typically 45 min. to an hour - even though he could certainly stand more!).  A while later I finally sent Alex to get him out of bed.  It was nearly 6:30 at this point, and I wanted him to fall asleep for the night!

He was HOT! I took his temp, and it was about 102.5 degrees.  It was the strangest thing!  He ate his lunch fine, and hadn't shown any sign at all that he was not feeling well prior to his nap.  At that point he just wanted to snuggle.

Later, after all the other kids had gone to bed, he was still snuggling on Tim when he suddenly evicted everything he'd eaten at lunch.  We got him (and Tim!) cleaned up, and I sat in the bathroom while he sat in the empty tub with just his diaper on in case he threw up again.  About an hour later I offered him some generic pedialyte.  He took it readily!  I wanted to make sure he was well hydrated at least.  Not long after, he lost the drink along with what little was left of his lunch. :(

We cleaned everything up again, and he ended up putting himself to sleep on the floor.  We allowed him to sleep there until we went to bed.  Thankfully, after all the puking, his temp came down to about 101 degrees, and he seemed to be doing better.

[In the middle of all of this baby drama, I was making phone calls to find substitutes for myself for co-op on Monday morning.  Thankfully I was able to cover the two hours I needed too without too much difficulty -- just lots of phone calls.]

After sleeping all night, PJ woke Monday morning with a very low temp (low enough I didn't even bother checking what it was) and seemed to be feeling just fine.  I made sure he was drinking his pedialyte and after determining he was keeping that down I fed him 1/2 a banana, and later some animal crackers.  Still no issues.  Yay!  He continued to perk up all morning and by lunch time didn't even seem to have a temp.

After lunch, he again went down for his nap.  This was a more typical nap - in the neighborhood of an hour.  When he got up he was HOT again!  And cranky. =S  However, he was clearly well hydrated as evidenced by his diaper!  Got him changed, and left him in his diaper for awhile - eventually adding a onesie so he didn't get too cold.  Tim and I had our chiropractor appointment at 5 p.m., and by the time we got home PJ was REALLY HOT!  I took his temp and IMMEDIATELY gave him some Tylenol.  This time, the reading was over 105 degrees.  I don't generally treat a fever because it's the body's way of taking care of whatever is wrong, but this was just too high.

It took a while, but his temp went down with the Tylenol, and he went to bed at his normal time.  I believe it was about 9:30 when he woke up and was hungry since he hadn't eaten any supper.  We fed him some soda crackers, gave him something to drink, let him hang out and snuggle for a while and then put him back to bed.  Again, he slept the rest of the night (I think... it just occurs to me that perhaps Tim got up with him once?? lol).

This morning he was still warm, but again, is acting as if he feels better.  I guess the day will tell!  I have to admit, I'm a little worried about putting him down for his nap this afternoon!!

So, there's my novel... we would appreciate prayer that not only would Phoenix heal quickly, but also that no one else gets whatever it is he got!

1 comment:

AllyJoy said...

Poor PJ :(. Praying for all of you! It is a lot of work to help a sick baby.