3.19.2012

Whistle while you... sleep??


Last night I fell asleep on the couch... this is not an uncommon occurrence, sadly.  I woke around 2 am and was going to head to bed.  Just as I reached the top of the stairs I heard Chase calling, "Radar!"  Brief pause, then more urgently, "Radar!!"  (Oh, in case you've forgotten, Radar is our dog. *grin*)

Radar is kenneled for the night in the room at the top of the stairs.  I could see him from where I was standing.  He was roused only slightly, and looking a bit confused as to why his name was being called in the middle of the night.

Then, suddenly, Chase whistled for the dog.  I almost fell over laughing. ;)  Talking in his sleep is quite common (nightly??) for Chase, but I have never heard him whistle.  In fact, I can honestly say that until last night I had NEVER heard anyone whistle in their sleep.

I'm so glad my kids keep my life interesting. :)


Actually, Chase isn't the only one that talks in their sleep (although he does so much more frequently than anyone else).  Sometime last week, Jericho was crying in her sleep.  This is more common for her than talking... I went to calm her and finally had to firmly (as firm as a whisper can be) say, "Jericho, it's mommy.  You need to stop or you will wake the baby!"  She stopped immediately, said "O-tay."  She then promptly rolled over and snuggled down into the blanket and said, "I wuv you," in her sleepy little whisper.  Melt my heart. :)  To top it off, the baby didn't wake, and the rest of the night was quiet.

No comments: