1.05.2014

Today I am thankful for... (#4 & #5)

Since I missed a day yesterday I now have to find two things to be thankful for.  It's not a lack of things that makes this difficult... it's deciding which of the abundant options to choose for the day. ;)

#4)  I am thankful for technology that keeps me connected with friends and family even at a distance. Texting is one way that I keep in touch with so many people.  I text far more than I talk on the phone or email. I appreciate the convenience of a short sentence or two when I don't have the time for a full conversation (which every phone call turns into).  Those texts turn into full conversations, but if it needs to take all day for everything to be said... a short response here, a quick question there... it's okay. ;)  So, if you want to keep in touch with me on a more regular basis, feel free to send me a text!  If you don't have my phone number, email me at qfmama@gmail.com and ask. (I originally just posted my phone number but then decided perhaps that wasn't the smartest plan...)

#5)  In line with #4... I am thankful for Skype and the ability to keep Grandma visually involved with the kids even when she is in AZ for the winter.  We don't Skype often, but the kids always love it when we do.  I'm pretty sure Grandma enjoys it too. ;)  This year it has meant that she got to "meet" Temperance even though she was already in AZ when Tempe was born.  It also means that when she comes back in the spring Tempe may actually recognize her.

A bit of an update on Friday's post:  Tim came home from work for the day about an hour after I hit publish.  He went straight to bed (about 3:45pm) and didn't get up until the next morning.  He was feeling much better by Saturday morning and we were able to go out grocery shopping.  While we were gone Chase texted that Alex had gone to bed "for no reason".  Turns out that he had a reason (he was just being a stubborn teenage brother and saying "because" when they would ask why he was going to bed rather than giving them an actual reason)... he was feeling sick as well.  He stayed in bed from about 1:30pm yesterday until this morning.  Thankfully neither of them were throwing up, and it didn't last more than 1/2 a day, but it's still no fun to feel achy and miserable!  Still so many reasons to be thankful.

No comments: